Saturday 9 January 2016

WEIRD, INDIAN MAN CUTS OFF FINGER AS THANKSGIVING SACRIFICE FOR BAIL GRANTED TO SONIA AND RAHUL GANDHI IN NATIONAL HERALD CASE


SONIA AND RAHUL GANDHI

On December 25, 2015 Induvalu Suresh, a 35 year old Indian businessman from Ramanagaram is reported to have gone to Tirupati city and cut off his left little finger and left it as a sacrificial donation in the local hundi.
The hundi is an informal system found in the Indian sub-continent in which individuals make written unconditional orders pledging to exchange something for another. In the case of Suresh, he exchanged his left little finger as thanksgiving after the release on bail in December 2015 of political leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi who are facing charges in court in respect of the National Herald case.

The court case is based on the allegation that the Indian National Congress granted an interest free loan to AGL, owners of the National Herald newspapers. It has been suggested that the loan was never repaid and both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, directors were charged for the matter but now released on bail.


To show his gratitude, on December 25, Suresh went to Tirupati, where he cut off his little finger and left it behind in the hundi as a token of gratitude. He is quoted to have said "the entire Congress party was worried, when Sonia and Rahul were summoned by the court. I took a vow that if my leaders are granted bail I will offer my finger to God.” 

Since his act Mr. Suresh has received plenty of attention, he has been meeting officials even as high as ministers who have sent invitations to him. One of such is the Minister of Housing who has described his act of sacrifice in glowing terms.

However, Suresh does not view his act as being one of note. He says he went to the hundi of his own accord with a friend. He stated that he went back after their release and fulfilled his promise. He added "I wrapped the finger in a Rs 1,000 note with a letter thanking God for granting bail to Sonia and Rahul and dropped it in the hundi. I did not feel the pain when I cut my finger. Later, I went to the hospital adjacent to the temple and told the doctor that I lost my finger while repairing the AC compressor of my car." 

Suresh confirmed that he took the extreme action because he was deeply disturbed that Sonia and Rahul would end up in jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment